Tuesday 16 April 2013

Experiences from English Literature

To Kill a Mockingbird,

This is one of my favourite books that I have studied in my entire english career. Harper Lee developed many strong, important and relatable themes throughout this novel. Atticus Finch, an attorney, and father of Scout and Gem was going against the entire town by fighting for a black man in court. At the time the novel took place a black mans rights were slim to none. The book taught me a lot about equality and showed me how much they mistreated black people. It took one man, to go against the thoughts and beliefs of everyone at that time. He risked everything, for someone that in those days he had no business helping. Atticus was a truly inspirational character, and someone who could definitely be looked up to. I learned not to just live life by doing things like others around me, instead doing what I think is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment